Growth Technosoft, through it's technical expertise in open source technologies can help companies in transforming their existing sites to the latest technologies available through it's migration services.
Growth Technosoft provides Websites Migration services as under -
Static Website to Dynamic Website:
Dynamic websites are database based wherein the content is stored separate from the layout. When a web page is requested by the user, the content and layout are merged together and displayed. We make use of the PHP scripting language and associated open source products to develop dynamic websites.
We, at Growth Technosoft offer to update our clients' static websites to dynamic database driven websites. Based on the client's requirement and complexity of the solution we offer to migrate static websites to:.
- Open Source Content Management System (CMS) based applications,
- Develop dynamic websites from the ground up using PHP.
Open Source Development team of professionals conduct a detailed study and analysis of the clients' existing website along with the additions required by them. Based on the analysis we suggest solutions and improvements that can be incorporated into the solution thereby adding value to the client's website.
Benefits of Migration -
Dynamic website offer several advantages over the static websites. These include:
- Clients can update the website with ease. Content Management Systems integrated with the solution enable users to easily upload, format and organize content appearing on the website.
- Database enabled websites make it easier to store and manage large amounts of data that is to be displayed on the website. The data stored in the database can be reused.
- Interactive elements and functionalities can be easily incorporated and managed.
- The full advantage of the Internet and its power can be obtained through dynamic websites.
PHP 4 to PHP5:
PHP being an open source scripting language is under constant improvement and enhancement. With the release of PHP5 a whole lot of new features are being added to it after testing and verification by the development community.
PHP5 offers following new features over it's previous release:
- Object Oriented (OOPS) Model: PHP5 has an improved object oriented programming model as compared to PHP4 that allows for better performance. The new model offers a whole set of features such as constructors, destructors, interfaces etc. In PHP5 coding objects can now be assigned and passed by reference.
- Exception Handling: PHP5 includes exception handling that provides developers with a better mechanism to handle and mange errors. Exception handling enables the separation of programming logic from error handling.
- Embedded Database: SQLite is an embedded database available with PHP5. SQLite does away with the need to installing a separate database application.
- MySQL Extension: PHP5 includes an upgraded MySQL extension - MySQLi that includes features such as prepared statements, SSL connections, multi-query functions etc.
- XML Extensions: PHP5 comes with SimpleXML, in inbuilt set of functions to handle XML extension. SimpleXML enables developers to access and manipulate XML files with ease.
- SOAP Implementation: Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) is a web services protocol that transfers XML based messages. It is the foundation layer of web services on which other messaging classes can be built. A SOAP extension that implements most of the SOAP 1.2 functionalities is available with PHP that enables developers to create SOAP clients and servers without a Web Services Description Language file.
In order to avail the benefits of new version of PHP offers, applications based on the older version are required to be migrated to the latest version. Growth Technosoft offers experts that understands the differences and can offer migration services without compromising on the existing features.